Old wood is a passion. In these past 5 years, it was still possible to find old teak wood in the north. Villagers wanted to change their inherited traditional wooden house to modern concrete building so they put the old house on sale. We collected old teak wood and northern style roof tiles in this manner. The two cottages were built by Chiangdao SA-LA ( northern dialect for a master mason). The masonry of the north is valued for wood works and crafts.
We name the cottage Vieng Mek ( home of clouds) and Pha Mok ( misty cliff). Mek and Mok are Thai words for clouds and mists that cover Doi Luang most of the year. This magnificent third highest mountain of Thailand ( 2225 meter) is seen towering right from the cottages’ balcony. Doi Luang marks the end of the Himalaya range that spreads through 5 countries in India Subcontinent. The mountains snake down southern China, Myanmar, Laos to end at Chiang Dao in north of Thailand. Due to this geographic connection, Doi Luang Chiang Dao has specific plants and flowers that were carried away from east Himalaya. These plants, bearing a specific name of Chiangdao suffix such as Kor Chiangdao, Euangsri Chiangdao, draw trekkers and visitors from all over the world each year. On 16 September 2021, Doi Luang was named by UNESCO “Doi Chiang Dao Biosphere Reserve.
One master bed room with queen size bed and large teak wood flooring suitable for family with small children to put extra sleeping bags. One single bed on upstair balcony with Doi Luang view. One large wooden bed/bench with mattress in living room. One bathroom with hot shower. One toilet. Kitchen and dining room. We provide large refrigerator, microwave, rice cooker, kettle, toaster, crockery & cutlery for 4.
One A/C master bed room with queen size bed and large teak wood flooring suitable for family with small children to put extra sleeping bags. Three bunk beds. Living & dining room. Two bathrooms with hot shower and kitchen. We provide large refrigerator, microwave, rice cooker, kettle, toaster, crockery & cutlery for 5.
Shared Kitchen/Dining Sala
The kitchen/dining Sala is fully equipped with gas stove, cooking utensils, crockery & cutlery and charcoal BBQ grill. The Sala is shared between the two cottages. Guests are invited to use this sala for outdoor dining during their stay.
CONNECTIVITY / TRANSPORTATION
- Free WiFi ( AIS 4 G Hi Speed Home WiFi). Please look for user name/password at the device.
- 5 kms from Cozycomo to Chiangdao Bus Station. Pick up at the station can be arranged on request.
- Regular bus service between Chiangmai and Chaingdao
- Motorcycle rent available in Chiangdao town
ATTRACTIONS / ACTIVITIES / FIND YOUR WAY AROUND AND ABOUT
Cozycomo is 2 kms off Ban Thum village where guests can find restaurants, bars, cafes and small groceries. In Chiangdao district, 5 kms, guests can get every thing they might need. There are hospital, banks, bus station, beauty salons and walking streets in high season ( October – January)
- Doi Luang Chiangdao trekking. The National Park imposes a controlled number of visitors per day via advance application.
- Pha Plong Cave Temple on Doi Luang Chiang Dao. Besides its beauty, more importantly, the temple was the last residence of Luang Poo SIM – one of Thailand’s most revered monks.
- Chiangdao geiser. Bathing in natural mineral water and try the Thai favorite menu of Som Tum, grilled chicken and sticky rice.
- Rabiang Dao – getting a close look of Chiang Dao towering peaks in the hill tribe village.